JoSAA Counselling 2021 is underway. The Round 1 Seat Allotment result has been released today on the official website – josaa.nic.in. Candidates must read further to understand about Freeze, Float and Slide options in seat allotment and even check the direct link to view result.
- JoSAA Counselling 2021 is underway for admissions to IITs, NITs.
- The Round 1 Seat Allotment result has been released on official website – josaa.nic.in and is now available for candidates to check.
- Candidates would now get the option of Freeze, Flost, Slide and they must read further to familiarise themselves with it.
Joint Seat Allocation Authority, JoSAA Counselling 2021 is underway for admissions to IITs, NITs. The Round 1 Seat Allotment Result has been released today and is now available. Candidates can check the result now on the official website – josaa.nic.in. The direct link for the same has been shared below.
Along with this, they must also familiarise themselves with Freeze, Float and Slide options that will be available now for Seat acceptance process.
JoSAA Counselling 2021 registration process started on October 16, 2021. This result is the final one for candidates looking for a seat for admissions at the end of Round 1. Before this, a Mock Seat Allocation was conducted in two rounds for candidates to get an idea about the same.
JoSAA Counselling 2021: How to check Round 1 result
- Candidates must visit the official website of Counselling – josaa.nic.in.
- On the Homepage, click on the link that reads, ‘Round 1 Seat Allotment results.’
- Alternatively, candidates can also click on the direct link given here to check JoSAA Counselling 2021 round 1 result.
- Enter your credentials to login like JEE Main application Number and Password.
- Your JoSAA Counselling 2021 result for round 1 of seat allocation will be displayed on your screen.
- Download and take a print of the same for future references.
Candidates would need to understand and familiarise themselves with the options given below as they are important while finalising the admission process.
JoSAA Counselling 2021: Freeze, Float, Slide options explained
After the seat allotment result is released, a candidate has to accept the seat online by choosing any of the options – freeze, float, slide, for the academic program they want. However, it must be noted that these options will be available to only those who don’t get admission in their first choice.
- Freeze: When a candidate chooses this option, it means they have accepted the seat allotted to them. This would also signify that the candidate is happy with the seat allotted and would not participate in further rounds of counselling.
- Float: When a candidate chooses this option, this means that they are accepting the seat offered to them. However, if a seat is available in an academic program of higher preference, the candidate will accept it. This would signify that candidates are available to participate in subsequent rounds of counselling.
- Slide: When a candidate accepts this option, it means that they are accepting the seat allocated to them. However, if admission to an academic program of higher preference is available within the ‘same institute’, the candidate will accept it. These candidates will also be considered for subsequent rounds of counselling.
Candidates must note that after they check their results and in the event of getting a seat, they must proceed with fee payment, document verification and online reporting. It should be done from October 27 to 30, 2021.