India vs England Live Cricket Score, 1st Test, Day 3: Follow live updates of IND vs ENG 1st Test Day 3 in Nottingham.
India vs England Live Cricket Score, 1st Test, Day 3: Rain stopped play after just 11 balls into the third day with India at 132 for 4.KL Rahul will be the key player for India as the first entered the business. The 2nd day saw the play being called off early due to bad light and fans will hope the weather remains better on Day 3 in Nottingham. With more overs to play on Day 3, India have a strong chance of taking a solid lead in the match. But England bowlers will hope they can restrict them to below 200 to put themselves back into the contest.
Follow all the updates here:
- AUG 06, 2021 03:52 PM IST Weather update: NottinghamLooks like the rain has stopped. It’s still cloudy and the covers are on but the umpires and the groundsmen are standing without an umbrella, so there’s some good news but don’t get too optimistic.
- AUG 06, 2021 03:47 PM IST Hover cover is onIt’s not looking good right now. The hover cover is on, which means the groundstaff expect the rain to continue for some time. The forecast was clear for the first half of the day but it changed drastically.
- AUG 06, 2021 03:43 PM IST Rain stops playThis is so so frustrating. We had just 11 balls of play on Day 3 and the skies opened up. The players have to rush. KL Rahul and Rishabh Pant run inside the dressing room trying to cover their bats. India are 132/4
- AUG 06, 2021 03:38 PM IST Pant charges AndersonFOUR! Pant charges down the track and hits James Anderson past mid off for a boundary. What a start by the left-hander. It was almost like a slap shot. He tried something similar on Day 2 against Anderson but got a top edge but this makes good connection.
- AUG 06, 2021 03:38 PM IST Robinson starts wellA maiden to start for Ollie Robinson. The tall right-arm seamer was one of the impressive ones on display yesterday. India will have to be careful with the awkward angles he creates along with the bounce.
- AUG 06, 2021 03:31 PM IST Rahul is awayRuns straightaway for India. KL Rahul gets his first runs of Day 3 with a soft pish towards the off side. India 126/4
- AUG 06, 2021 03:29 PM IST We are all set for live actionKL Rahul and Rishabh Pant have walked out. This is going to be an important session, perhaps the most important one in the match. Anderson has the ball in hand, he still needs to bowl two deliveries to complete the over.
- AUG 06, 2021 03:19 PM IST Ind vs Eng Day 3 sessions and playing conditions98.2 overs will be bowled today if the weather and conditions permit. The first session will be of two hours but the next two sessions will have 15 minutes extra each.
3:30 pm – 5:30 pm – 1st Session
6:10 pm – 8:25 pm – 2nd Session
8:45 pm – 11 pm- 3rd Session (All times in IST)
- AUG 06, 2021 03:15 PM IST James Anderson 1-0 Virat Kohli in 2021Perhaps the greatest battle of modern-day cricket. Sanjay Manjrekar and Ajay Jadeja in commentary yesterday had said that if the Anderson vs Kohli battle was a tennis match then the first set (2014) went to Anderson, Kohli came back to take the second set in 2018 but in the third set, Anderson has won the first game by dismissing the Indian captain for a golden duck.
- AUG 06, 2021 03:05 PM IST Rishabh Pant can change the gameBut don’t take your eyes off Rishabh Pant. If he gets going, he can take them away from England very quickly and put India into the driver’s seat.
- AUG 06, 2021 02:49 PM IST KL Rahul holds the keyKL Rahul has so far looked the best batsman in this Test match by far. The right-hander who was not even supposed to play this match, was asked to open for India in the longest format after almost two years as Mayank Agarwal was ruled out because of concussion. Rahul did a fantastic job. He put on a 97-run opening stand with Rohit Sharma and when wickets started to tumble at the other end, he held his nerve and batted till rain intervened. India would be hoping something similar from Rahul on Day 3 if they want to take a lead and take back the control of this Test.
- AUG 06, 2021 02:40 PM IST Day 3 weather updateFirst things first, the weather update of Day 3: As per latest reports, it is not raining in Trent Bridge, Nottingham and more importantly, the sun is out, which means we the chances of getting a full day’s play are bright. But you never quite with the weather in England.
- AUG 06, 2021 02:31 PM IST Day 2 recapIndia should have been holding the upper hand comfortably but for a brilliant spell by James Anderson. He removed Cheteshwar Pujara and Virat Kohli off successive deliveries after Ollie Robinson removed opener Rohit Sharma. Minutes later Ajinkya Rahane fell to suicidal run out and the game was back on level terms.
- AUG 06, 2021 10:27 AM IST India vs England 1st Test Day 3 – LIVE!Hello and welcome to our live blog on Day 3 of India vs England first Test. The match has entered into a dangerous stratosphere where it is difficult to understand which team has an advantage. This is what makes Day 3 a crucial day for both the teams.